Friday, August 26, 2011

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Simon has been awesome with tummy time lately. He plays and does a little half pushup (aka 'sphinx pose' - we've been going to lots of yoga classes lately). I've really just been happy that he hasn't been crying when we put him down on his belly and that he moves his little arms and legs almost like he's crawling. Then two days ago Simon suddenly rolled over. I was sure it was a fluke, maybe I just laid him down off balance or something so gravity took over.

Today he showed me how much I had underestimated our extraordinary young man. He easily rolled over six or seven times this morning. He had already done it maybe four times before I went to get the flip camera that Grandparents Basque loaned us. I love the one when he just looks at the camera and then rolls over! What a smart boy!


Three more roll overs after the jump.
Simon's ability to hold his weight on his legs, hold his head steady and do the mini push up you see in the videos marks him as 'advanced' for a 2 and a half month old. On my chart, advanced babies are supposed to figure out how to roll from tummy to back around 3 months - so Simon is just about on that mark.  He should be sitting up next. Rolling from back to front should come in another month or two. So exciting!






No comments:

Post a Comment