As I mentioned in a previous post, it is really common for babies to loose a bit of weight after birth while they are figuring out the world. When we left the hospital on Sunday he'd lost 10% of his body weight in the three days at the hospital (!) so we went to the doctor on Monday to make sure he was moving up. He was doing great then and had gaining half an ounce. We had our second checkup on Friday late afternoon. In the four days since his last weigh in our little power eater had packed on SEVEN OUNCES. I am so proud.
The doctor also made it a point to say he looked great. He has a great attitude, is moving great, especially he is moving his head great, and you can't tell he was early at all. In other words, Alan and I are right - he is perfect.
We started tummy time earlier today since she said he was ready. He really likes wiggling like a little worm and trying to do one handed pushups. When we get to some wifi I'll post a little video.
In case you want to keep track:
Thursday June 16: 6lbs 12oz (Birth weight)
Sunday June 19: 6lbs .5oz (checkout of hospital)
Monday June 20: 6lbs 1oz
Friday June 24: 6lbs 8oz
No comments:
Post a Comment