Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One and a half weeks

Every day I say how far along I am at least twice a day. That means that being 35 weeks did not sneak up on me at all. And I always tell people that 37 weeks is considered full term and I don't really think I'll go all the way to 40 weeks, which is considered 'normal'. It's not like I didn't know that soon there would be a baby soon... But I guess it didn't hit me how close it all really was until Erika as she was leaving this weekend said something along the lines of 'just 2 weeks now!' and I was floored. We could have a baby, not early or something to worry about, but a perfectly healthy, happy baby in just two weeks. One and a half weeks now. Wow.

Baby Boy Basque only needs a very few things for his first few days, so we are making sure the list is completed this weekend:
  1. Cradle - Cindy and Ken still have the cradle that Ken made for Alan. It's beautiful and they're sending that this week. So Baby Boy will have a place to sleep.
  2. Car Seat - Alan is ordering it today and we'll go to the fire station this weekend to get it installed. They won't let Baby Boy leave the hospital if you don't have a car seat.
  3. Diapers - We will go this weekend to get newborn diapers and the accouterments. We are going with cloth diapers.
  4. Pack Hospital Bag - We've got to have a bag packed of snacks and other essentials like a tooth brush and socks! Who knows how long we'll stay, at least 2 days probably more.
One more really important thing we need before Baby Boy Basque makes his appearance:
A NAME! Unfortunately not too much progress on that front. Luckily we can decide when we see his cute little face in person! Though we might be so distracted counting fingers and toes that we won't get around to a name for a while.

Anything else we need for the first couple days that we're forgetting?

No comments:

Post a Comment