Saturday, July 9, 2011

Aunt Colleen Visit – week of July 3rd

Just after Fourth of July weekend Alan sadly had to go back to work and Colleen came to help me with day to day things since after a cesarean section you’re not supposed to lift anything heavier than the baby (mine was only 6 pounds!) and not supposed to drive or go up and down steps too much. That is quite the request if you’re home alone. As always, Colleen was amazing. She made sure Simon and I took plenty of naps and took care of the laundry, feeding me (I took care of feeding Simon) and all the little things that come up – like house cleaning and other random errands. She also made sure that I got just a little exercise every day so I got better quicker. In short, she was a great sister and a great aunt. She snuggled Simon and was swaying with him like a pro the first day. Who knew my sister was a natural with kids? Next time she comes hopefully it’ll be less work and more fun. We didn’t get nearly enough pictures with her and Simon. I’ve included a couple more after the jump.





No comments:

Post a Comment