Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year's Day Snow

On New Year's Eve we had the first of many recent snow storms.  The next morning it was still snowing heavily, so Simon and I went out to shovel and play around.  The last time we got much snow (a few weeks ago) Simon was too sick to go out and play.  So this was the first time since last winter that he had a chance to play around in a snowstorm.  We had a great time but decided we should probably both get some better gloves since our fingers got cold pretty quickly.



More pictures after the jump...


First footprints in the snow

Last week this felt like a lot of snow.  Three storms later it looks like a light dusting

Let's go get our shovels!

So excited to be helping out

By helping, he mostly threw snow up in the air.  But it was still pretty helpful


Big shovel full

I'll dump it right here

I'm ready to go sledding!

I pulled him quickly down the sidewalk and then let go so he slid way ahead of me.  

He was a little unsure about it the first time, but then thought it was hilarious

Once we got to School Park across the street, he didn't want to ride in the sled anymore... pulling it was more fun



No comments:

Post a Comment