Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Baking Cookies

On Monday afternoon Simon and I made cookies. I choose snickerdoodles as his first real cookie experience because not only is there mixing, but there is forming a ball and rolling in cinnamon sugar. No surprise - he totally loved it. He did all the scooping and dumping, I did all the mixing. Then we both did the rolling of cookies onto trays. He did a whole tray all by himself. I'm pretty sure he ate a tray's worth of cookie dough too. Toward the end I was more closely watching the intake of cookie dough I caught a few pieces in his mouth and raised my eyebrow. He would look at me wide eyed and slowly take the cookie dough out of his mouth and slowly put it on the tray beside him. I had such a hard time not laughing. Don't worry, the slobbered on ones we saved for Alan. :) 

Here are the steps to perfect cookies:
Get some dough out of bowl...
Make sure it's the right size - eat any extra
Roll dough into a ball.
If the dough accidentally smashes in your hand, eat dough and start over.
Smash dough into cinnamon/sugar mixture. One side is plenty.
Place carefully on corner of cookie tray that is closest to you.
When you aren't looking they magically disperse on the tray.
Clap for yourself.
Carefully inspect your hands for left over cookie dough. Eat any dough you find.
Repeat.
Simon's tray of baked cookies.
The super tiny ones contain extra love (*cough* slobber). 
More pictures after jump...






No comments:

Post a Comment