Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reading is the best!!

Simon has a new favorite toy/hobby/job in life.....Reading! (I wish I could do the cute sign he does to tell us that he wants us to cuddle up and read but I am unable to describe the cuteness, I will have to try and get a video) We love all of the books we have and have now transitioned for our weekday naps into reading quiet time right before we lay down with chilly (chili) dog and go night night. This is usually the only time Simon will lay back and enjoy the books, but usually he is the best page turner, spot finder, and book closer! We have found a few new books that we have picked up to read at some of our favorite play spots around town or on our playdates.....I wanted to mention them here in case anyone is in search of a Simon gift soon or wanted to contribute to Simon's new favorite hobby :)

First, we had a casualty this week with our favorite book....(I'm sure you have ALL read it to him)- Hand Hand Fingers Thumb   I think the actually do make it in a board book which is ideal for little fingers.
The Ear Book (so many dogs to pant at)
That's Not My Monkey (a fun touchy book and they have a whole series of 'That's Not My' books that are cute)
Hands Are Not For Hitting (Colleen's neighbor who we have become friends with suggested this series, she said they are great for her 15 month old boy)
We're Going On A Bear Hunt (loves this!)


I also wanted to mention a few new things that Simon has done this week...
He is getting so good at animal noises, especially when reading his books and meowing at the cat in the hat by his changing table. Some examples...
"Simon what does a cat/kitty say?" - Oowme (high pitched and adorable)
"Simon what does a dog say?" - HHHH (pants like a dog)
"Simon what does a bear say?" - Arrrgh (growl)
"Simon what does a lion say?" - Raarh (very similar to the bear growl)
"Simon what does a snake say?" - Ssssss (this one is new)
"Simon what does a lizard say?" - Sticks tongue in and out (we learned this today because he had on his lizard shirt and Jenn doing it was the funniest thing)
"Simon what does a cow say, can you moo?" - Mmmmm

and my personal favorite is that he now gives Eskimo kisses if you ask. He loves giving regular kisses and now will rub his little nose with yours and expect real kisses and lots of nose rubs after to get the tickles out. SO cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment