Monday, August 6, 2012

Chompers

For the past few weeks Simon has been rather grouchy (for him) and hasn't been napping quite as well.  Jenn was the first to think to check the teeth. I thought molars didn't come in until they were 2, but our son is very advanced for his age and getting his first set of molars now. He has his right top, left top and right bottom first set of molars already broken through. I think the bottom left is coming soon ... if not already poking through - Simon doesn't love letting us shove our fingers around in there to find out what's going on. Last successful check was early last week, subsequent queries have met with clenched jaw.

We are using the poor napping as a trigger to shift to a one nap schedule. We started the transition a week or so ago with a gradual movement of the first nap later and the second nap more a calm activity than an actual nap. Or at least that was the plan. Small children scoff at plans. This weekend Alan and I successfully managed two 1 nap days.

No comments:

Post a Comment