Simon loves spoons. Actually, he loves all utensils, but spoons are the ones we let him play with most frequently (also forks with corks). We haven't really spent a lot of time letting him feed himself with the spoon because you need time to devote to something like that ... both for the eating/figuring it out and the cleanup afterward. Today was that day. He did great. Fed himself a quite a few spoonfuls - notice he holds it with his left hand. I'm not sure if that's because he's actually left handed or because he wanted his dominant hand free to stuff food in his mouth with his fingers (see later pictures).
The green stuff is mashed potato with asparagus - just the right amount of sticky to hang on to an upside down spoon. There is ham beside it (sometimes stuck into it). In later pictures there are carrots with a bit of rice cereal to thicken them.
This isn't so hard! Why'd they wait so long to give me this darn spoon!
Spoons are ok, but hands still work too.
I guess I'll try again...
Food? Where are you food??
Fingers are the way to go! Spoons are too fickle.
Maybe I can learn Morse Code? How do you say, "The plate is empty!"?
No comments:
Post a Comment