Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cookies for Everyone!

I got home last night and was seriously craving some chocolate chip cookies. I was so happy when Jessie reported that the kids had had a great day because that meant we all could make cookies! Jessie and Lauren stayed a bit while I got things started. They got to enjoy the start, while each kid had their own bowl and spoon. Saw Simon measuring out 2.25 cups of flour into his bowl and Lillian getting a tablespoon of baking soda in hers (she tasted the backing soda). They left just as things were getting good. I did the sugar to keep things moving while Simon removed the paper from the butter. Eggs were next and Lillian was up.

Lillian likes to gently tap tap tap to crack the egg, and then make a FIST to crush it in her hands. I just have not been able to break her of the habit. So she can only crack eggs when we have extras. The first was crushed and then I did two into the bowl. We had cookies pretty quickly and both kids got a spoonful of dough to eat while a tray cooked. Then a cookie each before bed!





Cookies!!





No comments:

Post a Comment