On Saturday Simon and I spent the day with Auntie Colleen. First, we went out to breakfast and then went to her place and played with her guitar. Simon loved playing with the guitar and running around Colleen's place. We then headed to Union Station for National Train Day. I had heard they had train exhibits and I wasn't sure how age appropriate it would be but Colleen and I decided it was worth looking into. The tickets went on sale at 10 and exhibits opened at 11. We got there around 10:30 and had to wait in line for a bit, but Simon loved it. He enjoyed being outside the train and looking at it up close more than he liked being inside it, though he definitely loved running down the aisles. There was a whole children's section we didn't get to, but Simon was done so we didn't want to wait in yet another line. It was a great day!
Lots more pictures after the jump...
 |
| Colleen was awesome keeping him entertained in line. |
 |
| Time to GO! |
 |
| Trains!! |
 |
We have about 100 photos of him looking the other way because I was not nearly as interesting as those trains. |
 |
| Going in! |
 |
| In the train. |
 |
| At the table, on the train, in the station. |
 |
This was just the first car... There were about 10 more, but it got very crowded so no more pictures. |
 |
| After the first train, two more to go (only made it through one more). |
 |
| This train is privately rented, sleeps 4 and can be hooked up to any Amtrack. |
 |
| Not a great photo, but the best we could do with the crowd behind us. |
No comments:
Post a Comment