I'm home with Simon today and is my custom we headed off first thing to Safari Cup to have breakfast with Sharon and Dave.
Imagine my shock when I walked up to the storefront and it was EMPTY. Nothing there at all. No sign, no window dressings, no furniture at all - the entire space was simply empty.
I honestly looked around to see if I took a wrong turn somewhere since we had just driven by on Sunday and saw Dave and Sharon (owners) getting out of the car and walking in. But it was the right place, they had just disappeared.
Looking into it we found out that Sunday was their last day in business. I so wish we had gone but there were no signs or notice. Starbucks had purchased the three (yes, 3) stores next to them and started construction this spring to merge them into one very large location. I guess they just didn't think they could complete.
Safari Cup has been our favorite local hang outs for years. We have more pictures than I can count of Simon and almost every person who has visited us on those black couches with the elephant pillows. It was the first place I walked to after I had Simon and he spent so many hours sleeping on me in the wrap while I read and drank iced herbal tea. I will so miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment