Friday, March 15, 2013

Imaginary Car



The other day we had a package delivered in a large flat box.  I sat down in the box and told Simon I was driving a car.  He thought that was great, and climbed into the "car" with me to go for a ride.  After a bit, I pointed at the blank wall in front of us and told him there was a red light so we had to stop.  I asked him to tell me when it turned green so we could go again.  He waited patiently for a few seconds, then pointed at the wall and said "Geeen! GOOOO!!" so we pretended to drive again.  It was really neat to see him using his imagination like that... he's been making his stuffed animals dance and drinking pretend tea from cups for a while but this was the first time I can think of that he's played just by imagining things in his head.

After I got out of the box car, he asked me if he could drive.  He grabbed a bunch of his animal friends and the packing paper from the box and took a pretend road trip (hitting a few red lights along the way).  And the next morning and the past few days he keeps going back to play with his car.

After the jump, a video of him driving and a few pictures of him loading up the car.








At the end of the video he remembers what was delivered in the box (a new laptop bag for Daddy) and runs off to see if he can play with that again.  It turned out that yes, he could.




No comments:

Post a Comment