Thursday, May 26, 2011

First time ever I saw your face

We had another round of ultrasound on Tuesday to check on the growth of the baby.  Once again, it was all good news - he's the right size and shape, and he's even flipped to be head down since the last ultrasound (which is how he should be at this point).  In some of the previous ultrasounds, the tech had a little trouble tracking him down inside Emily's belly.  Not this time though - it's ALL baby in there!
Profile view using 2D ultrasound... it's tough to get a good view of him this way anymore now that he's so big

The regular ultrasounds are nice, but next was the really cool part.  Since the tech was able to get through her checklist pretty quickly and the baby was lying in a cooperative position for a change, she decided to take a few minutes to use the 3D probe to try and get a real picture of the baby's face.  It turned out way better than I expected it to... so incredible to see his little face for the first time.

Check after the jump to get a sneak preview of Baby Boy Basque's handsome face!


Even though his mom's belly was covered in cold gel and being poked with a plastic probe he's still napping peacefully.  I just hope he sleeps this easily on the outside.
You can see his right arm going down and across his chest, and his cheek leaning on his wrist
It's probably too early to tell who he looks like more, but the fact that he's sleeping reminds me of Emily
Poor little guy... he's all tuckered out from kicking mommy's tender insides all morning
All the junk around him is getting in the way here, but I like this picture because it sort of looks like he's smiling

1 comment:

  1. Al and Em - sorry it's taken me so long to post, but I love your blog, I love the house, and I love way you guys have made a baby. Respectfully. I can't wait for the arrival of the handsome whippersnapper and for the house to be finished! Good luck and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete