Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Stretch

Although I have no evidence, I think the baby started a growth spurt a few days after the ultrasound (so starting a week and a half ago). Where before we could feel kicks and I felt some little bit of internal movement, then it turned into an odd lurching sensation that I could feel inside but you couldn't feel it on the outside. Then, suddenly one day we could actually FEEL a head or sometimes a little limb - I really can't tell arms and legs apart yet. He presses all the way to the left and you can see my tummy get lop sided and feel the solidness of baby on one side and no-baby on the other side. Then he'll roll and suddenly he's all the way on the other side. It's pretty amazing to see and feel and really odd to experience.

That's the cool part about his growth spurt: the more obvious movements. Soon we'll probably be to the point that I've heard others talk about where you see a little foot or hand move across your belly.

The less cool part about his growth spurt: my belly _hurts_ when it has to grow as fast as he can grow. It's not terrible, but it certainly isn't fun. And I feel a little like a wuss complaining about it considering I'm going to be experiencing labor pains in not too long and I'm sure that's much stronger. But complain I will anyway! Just this little guy alone is growing a half pound a week. At 2.5 pounds (as of 2 weeks ago), that is quite a lot of percent body growth! Can you blame my poor tummy for complaining about the stretch?

No comments:

Post a Comment