Thursday, April 7, 2011

Old Man Cosby

As Alan mentioned in his last post, we had "The Sisters" over for a weekend of Cosby and pudding pops. Even though there was some concern about the health of the party, but being forced to follow a pregnant lady's sleeping patterns quickly got everyone in tip-top health.

On Friday night we were off to see Mr. Bill Cosby, who is now 73 years old. When he walked on stage in a hoodie sweatshirt, sat down and started telling the sound guys to change the volume on his microphone, I got a little nervous. He looked much older than he did on TV, would he be funny? It was, of course, a silly concern. He was consistently funny. (Though he did fade at the end, but after an hour and a half who wouldn't be tired? I certainly was!)

The best part for me was when he started talking about when he was a boy and he'd hear his dad and grand-dad get up. With a big "hugh!", they'd brace their hands on their knees and leverage their bodies out of their seat. As a boy he never understood and suddenly, one day, he heard his dad's "hugh!" coming from himself as he got out of a seated position. I laughed so hard I cried (and then started coughing). Alan looked at me concerned and not a little confused. The thing was - I had heard myself making that same noise getting up out of my seat the day before.




No comments:

Post a Comment