Lillian now, instead of just crying, will add words to her crying when we abandon her in her crib at bedtime. For instance last night after a 10pm tuck in we heard "Mama, I want a hug!" After a couple tries and no response she switched to "Daddy. I need my Daddy." Talk about tugging on the heart strings, and she is not even two yet. After a couple minutes of being ignored by her parents, she calmed down to tell Digit a story and maybe sing herself a song (I was soon asleep myself so don't know).
This morning Simon told me that he was sorry I missed his story time. I asked more and found out he was telling a story to his animals (last night?) about flying unicorns that he thought I would enjoy. I was cordially invited me to come and listen to it again tonight.
From Goodreads:
Quietness is an essential part of all awareness. In quiet times and sleepy times, a child can dwell in thoughts of his own, and in songs and stories of his own.
September 3, 1947: Goodnight Moon was published 68 years ago today. The beloved children's picture book, written by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Clement Hurd, has a lesser-known sequel/companion book called My World.
No comments:
Post a Comment