Sunday, September 27, 2015

Great Wolf Hotel and Arcade

Some random pictures from the room at the waterpark hotel and of the arcade that we walked by on our way to our room.

The hotel also did a story time every evening at 8pm. The first night I tried to keep Lillian in the room to go to sleep while Alan and Simon went to the story time. Lillian was having none of it and she screamed pretty solid for the 30 minutes they were gone. Everyone went to bed at 9:30 that first night (the night of the funeral). The second night, after a day at the waterpark and Lillian's 3rd day with no nap we just let her go to story time and again everyone went to bed at 9:30. Such tired kids.

Story time with Lillian was great. They had a big clock area with animatronics that talked and sang - and a Native American girl came out to sing with a European boy named SIMON! Then Wiley Wolf came out and stood next to the person reading a story. Simon sat quietly mesmerized the whole time, both times. Lillian was amazed as well, but dealt with it differently... she got up and wanted to touch everything. There was a crowd of parents and kids sitting around the lobby and she was so much quicker than me - I had a few parents in front of me who would help snag her and return her to me. When Wily Wolf came in she screamed and jumped she was so happy - then she shouted HI, I'm LILLIAN! It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen (even as tired as I was).

When we registered they asked if we were celebrating. I told them it was Lillian's birthday and they gave her a special bracelet (which she ADORED wearing) and it gave her free ice cream for the duration of the visit. What a nice girl I'm raising, she shared with her mother.




Lillian mirrored Simon's movements with her arms.
We were watching some TV while waiting for breakfast restaurant to open.
She liked to touch all the balls,
but couldn't throw it quite hard enough to get the lift at the end.
Riding like a pro!
Wily Wolf made and afternoon appearance!
Lillian loved him, but from a few steps away. 
Showing off her sticker that Wily gave her - of Wily Wolf himself!
TVs in the restaurant played cartoons - we couldn't get the kids to look at us during breakfasts.

Ice cream in front of a fireplace
Checking to see if it will come alive in the day time too.





No comments:

Post a Comment