Friday, April 12, 2013

My little Narcissist - almost ABCs, almost counting, almost singing

The other afternoon Simon was showing off his ABC's and I was very impressed. He can get through almost the whole alphabet with just a tiny bit of prompting. I wanted to get it on video for you guys to all see.

This is my first attempt:


Simon was having none of it. He wanted to look at whatever was on my phone! So I flipped the camera around and set it on the table so both he and you had a good view of his face. Then I thought it was go time for the alphabet...


How could I know that he'd become such a narcissist  "No, Mama, I don't want to say the alphabet or count, I want to look at myself." Note when he's explaining he doesn't want to count he count's a bit to make sure I understand. We stopped so he could have a bite of my dinner (he'd already finished his). Then we resumed and I tried to get him to sing for me. 



We had practiced singing Tomorrow from Annie earlier in the afternoon so initially he came in on queue, but then he remembered that he liked Snuggle Puppy better. And who wouldn't? So we switched to that for a second and then we had to go find the book to read. (It was written as a book but put to music, very cute to listen to if you haven't heard before.)

And that was a glimpse of our afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment