Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Steps

Simon took his first steps today!! With both me and Alan there!!! He took two or three steps in a row a few times. We even got one on video.




Jump for the full story...


For about a week he has been taking a single step then falling to a crawl. Patty even saw it on Skype on Monday morning. But it wasn't really controlled and never more than one so we weren't really counting it as first 'steps'. He could lightly hold on to a finger and walk and would cruise (move along the couch) with only one hand, so we knew it was any minute.  Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't do it while I was in Boston this past week.

Today, just after I got off the phone with Kiki and Dad for my birthday wishes, I set Simon on his feet in front of the couch where I was sitting and he took three steps over to the tower that Alan was building to knock it down. He went to a crawl just before he got to it, but did a solid three steps before he crawled. Yay first steps!! We were so excited he did it with us both there for the first time. So far this morning there has been a few times that he has take the 2-4 steps (when he feels like it) and then sat or crawled to his destination. He can even correct himself when he starts to lose his balance. What a big boy!

Happy birthday to me!


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Simon! What a wonderful birthday present for Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Achievement Unlocked: Baby Steps!

    Congrats to you, baby Simon, and happy Birthday, Mum!

    ReplyDelete