We had our last child birth class today. Now-parents who had previously taken the class come with their new babies and share birthing stories in the last class and there is general social time where current class attendees can talk about registries, concerns and just general life things. It was also a potluck, so we needed to bring food to share.
I had a recipe we used to make often for Raisin Bran muffins and had found another recipe for oatmeal muffins to try. Easy to make, transport and eat, so they seemed like a good potluck food. Making both for a taste test Sunday morning sounded perfect, then we could have them for breakfast and then bring them to the class that afternoon.
It was shaping up to be a great morning: I slept a ton (for a pregnant lady) and was feeling good. Plus Alan recently got me the "Beaches" soundtrack, which I used to have on tape and loved as a kid, so I could listen to it for the first time in years sing along while I cooked.
I was elbow deep in suds washing dishes to prep for the morning (everything is always coated in construction dust so we wash before _and_ after eating), I was singing and smiling and generally having fun. Then "Wind Beneath My Wings" came on. It was suddenly the saddest thing I'd ever heard and I started to sing and cry, and then laugh at myself for crying so hard at the song. That's when Alan walked into the kitchen. I'm not sure exactly what he thought, he just came up and gave me a big hug and let me cry on his shoulder for the duration of the song. Then a new song, nose blow and I was singing and smiling again. It was the fastest transition between insane crying and happy singing that anyone has ever had. Once the song was done I was completely fine... at least until replay had the song on again and I burst into tears, again.
I still managed to finish all of the baking. I'm not sure if this is evidence of 'nesting' or just my own personal insanity... I made FIVE DOZEN muffins. Then I took a nap.
I think most of your stories lately end with "then I took a nap" :)
ReplyDelete