Simon comes home from school during his 3rd week of Kindergarten and he has a solid lump on his head. It's pretty noticeable and I'm surprised the teacher didn't call me to tell me about it (it was big).
I ask him what happened. He gets a dodgy look on his face and says he fell. I prompt him, he says he fell in the bathroom. I push more, "Did the teacher talk to you about it?" He said yes, that he told her he fell and that he was ok. Which is true, he seems totally fine... But I'm still curious - what was he doing in the bathroom that made him fall? He evaded, I pushed.
HE WAS TRYING TO SPY ON THE STALL AND FACE PLANTED ON TO THE FLOOR.
I laugh out loud every time I think of it now but somehow managed not to laugh when he told me. Instead I said that he knew he wasn't supposed to look under those doors. I'm a model of restraint. Though now I know why he didn't want to tell me or the teacher what happened!
Picture is from 2 days later... Lump under the cowlick is pretty noticeable still.

Picture is from 2 days later... Lump under the cowlick is pretty noticeable still.
No comments:
Post a Comment