Simon's class has been working on how to draw what they are picturing in their head and not just "scribble scrabbles". They've talked a lot about how to draw people and making sure you include important parts like head, feet, fingers, etc. So lately Simon has been wanting to practice that all the time on his whiteboard in the kitchen. The other night he and I drew for a while together, and he made a couple of fun pictures.
First he drew "Baseball Dracleah" (I'm guessing he heard about Dracula in school?) that he had first started talking about earlier that day while watching baseball with Mama. This one he did completely by himself.
 |
| The beginnings of Baseball Dracleah |
 |
| Now that Baseball Dracleah has hands, ears, and a bat (under his ear), Simon started drawing a pitcher in the background to throw to BD. |
 |
| The finished masterpiece |
As soon as he was done, he immediately erased it (glad I took a picture). Then he and I worked together on a new picture that he called "Sam Francisco Mean". The blue marker is from him, and the black from me. But everything I drew was reviewed by him, and had to be redone if it didn't meet his standards, so he gets full credit for this one as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment