It has been a rough couple weeks with everyone in the household getting a quick cold except for me who was sick for a few weeks. I just couldn't shake the sniffles and coughing. Finally I'm feeling a bit better, but after having been sick for so long am seriously feeling the difference in my mobility and endurance. Thankfully Alan and Simon were great about stepping up while I was down - Alan covering all the Simon/cooking/cleaning duties and Simon being a very good listener when it is just the two of us. I'm lucky to have such good men in my life!
Thankfully, our little girl is still doing great. We are already 30 weeks, which means she'll be here in less than 9 weeks (since we are planning a c-section for 39 weeks on Nov 1st, not the normal 40 weeks on her due date Nov 8). She is about the size of a large cabbage this week and weighs in at around 3 pounds. We went last week for another growth ultrasound and she is doing wonderfully, growing exactly as expected. I always feel her moving a ton and during the entire ultrasound she was bent at the waist with her toes touching her forehead but was waving her arms about like crazy. It was great fun watching her legs twitch and feeling her kicks. I think she is going to be rowdy!
The crib, cradle and dresser/changing table are all here and ready to be put together and cleaned. We are planning on doing that and moving things around to make space upstairs this weekend when Colleen and Joe come by for what they think is a string-free dinner... little do they know I am very sneaky. After that we just need to get a crib mattress for her and a glider for me - but both of those are not required for the first few weeks so no pressure. I even have a color scheme planned for her room. She will have the front room which will stay blue, but I'm going to use purple, pink and green to make it a bit lighter and more fun. I found a great set of butterfly sheets that I'm modeling the colors after and I'm knitting her a baby blanket of pink, purple and gray that should work well in there too. With white wood and a gray glider her room will be beautiful!
| Emily & BGB at 30 weeks, 5 days. |
| Emily & BGB at 30 weeks, 5 days. |
No comments:
Post a Comment