Thursday, July 26, 2012

I hear an Echo

Simon has really gotten into the talking thing now. In the past couple days he has started echoing the sounds you make back to him. Yesterday morning I was feeding him scrambled eggs and as I was putting them onto his tray he was stuffing them into his mouth (you know, normal morning). Since they were fresh from the pan I was blowing on them and saying 'hot' as I set them down, suddenly I realized that he was repeating the word to me! I don't think he knew what it meant and he didn't say it without prompting, but I still switched to 'egg' so I didn't confuse the poor guy and teach him the wrong word. When I switched, he did too and repeated egg for me. (Very advanced for his age.)

By the end of the day, he officially had a new word: Out. Like with up it's two syllables and the T part requires some focus so it's slow and deliberate. He says 'out' to get out of the car seat, the high chair and when he's standing in front of the new gate downstairs... I think he's wanting to go outside.

I'm sure there will be more words quickly. I hope the next words are nouns though, Jenn pointed out last night that all his words so far are commands. I don't know what that means exactly, but feel like it must mean something.

No comments:

Post a Comment