Sunday, November 18, 2012

First Haircut

Today we gave Simon his first haircut. It was great weather and we just went outside and I cut his hair. It is fair to say that he did not love it. At first he was good. Alan was holding and I was cutting and he was confused but good -- as soon as the snip started he screamed and pulled away. I wasn't expecting that so his left side is a little 90s retro shaved side look. Not what I was going for, but better... right? The back and his right side are pretty good. There were a couple pauses for hysterical tears and some snacks and snuggles with mom and stuffed animals, but we eventually got the whole head. I am surprised at how traumatized he was and how traumatized that made me. A ton of pictures to follow.

What are they doing...?

AHHHH!!! BETRAYAL!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON!


Whew, Mom is safe!

(Look at that handful of hair coming off! Sorely needed the haircut.)
Why?



Cindy tried holding him, he still cried... but I was more prepared for the quick movement on the right side so there isn't a big gouge out of his hair.

Taking a break with some comforting things.

I got my eye on you.




Bad haircut on the right side. Mom did that.

Smock is off. Snack time is on.

Right side doesn't look too bad.

Left side doesn't look too good.

Hands in pockets.

Hands still in pockets.

HANDS IN POCKETS!



1 comment:

  1. "Hands in pockets" reminds me of "Pants on the ground." This was so epically cute, I'm sorry he was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete